Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137914 - 06/05/07 08:23 PM Multiple Logins Using Same Username with Version 7
Carlos Offline
Stealth Member

Loc: London
Problem:
Cannot use the same username/password to login multiple times as with previous versions. (have to use a seperate license for each user)

Solution:
Use the previous version client to keep this feature. This does mean that the "new" fields in version 7 (eg. list view) do not work.

#137916 - 06/05/07 09:30 PM Re: Multiple Logins Using Same Username with Version 7 [Re: Carlos]
Matt Reinfeldt Offline
Stealth Member

Loc: Madison, WI
Carlos,

I believe that having multiple users utilizing the same username/password is a violation of the license agreement that you need to conform to in order to remain compliant (from a legal perspective). I would review how you are using these logins with your sales rep. to ensure compliance.

Good luck!

http://www.linkedin.com/in/mreinfeldt

#137936 - 06/06/07 07:01 PM Re: Multiple Logins Using Same Username with Version 7 [Re: Matt Reinfeldt]
Carlos Offline
Stealth Member

Loc: London
If you could convince my manager to buy more licenses ..... I have tried, and tried, and tried smile
This was a work around - not a preference for me as I cannot use the new functions in Version 7 that I wanted to frown

Edited by Carlos (06/06/07 07:01 PM)

#138441 - 07/21/07 06:00 PM Re: Multiple Logins Using Same Username with Version 7 [Re: Carlos]
karlj Offline
Stealth Member

Loc: Kiwi
I believe that 6.3-onwards, only Administrator group accounts can have multiple logins. All others accounts only have the use of one login token. If already logged in somewhere else, the token must be reclaimed (overridden) from the previous login to login again.

Karl

#138895 - 09/25/07 12:57 PM Re: Multiple Logins Using Same Username with Version 7 [Re: karlj]
bgillock Offline
Stealth Member

And the overriding doesn't appear to work consistently. At least that's been my experience.

Just my $.02
Brian

#139661 - 03/06/08 01:55 PM Re: Multiple Logins Using Same Username with Version 7 [Re: bgillock]
rog60vw Offline
Just Signed Up

bgillock-
One reason for apparent inconsistancy is due to the way that Remedy checks if you are using the same ID to log in from multiple places.
It looks at you IP address. You can, therefore, log in to as many sessions as your heart desires from one machine. As soon as you try to log in from another machine, no-go.

Don't ask me how I know this.

#140293 - 07/14/08 06:26 PM Re: Multiple Logins Using Same Username with Version 7 [Re: Carlos]
steve_mcdonald Offline
Stealth Member

[quote=Carlos]If you could convince my manager to buy more licenses ..... I have tried, and tried, and tried smile[/quote]

You might have a better chance if you remove the workaround and refuse to break the law and put your neck on the line for a stingy manager. All it takes is a disgruntled coworker calling the Software Business Alliance. They are advertising on the radio here in Phoenix offering rewards for snitches.

#140983 - 01/25/09 08:59 AM Re: Multiple Logins Using Same Username with Version 7 [Re: steve_mcdonald]
dougblair Offline
Stealth Member

Loc: Arlington Heights (Chicago), U...
And isn't this what the restricted read license type is good for?